What’s in these terms?
These terms tell you the rules for using our website www.cosmetips.com (our site).
Who we are and how to contact us
www.cosmetips.com is a site operated by Cosmetips Ltd (“We”). We are registered in England and Wales under company number 09940444 and have our registered office at 130 George Street, London W1H 5DW.
To contact us, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our site is provided solely to assist users in gathering cosmetic and beauty information. This includes beauty information, users posting opinions of beauty products, links to stores, articles and links to YouTube videos. We aggregate content that is freely available on the web and from other sources and allow our users to post reviews and images. We also direct you to magazine articles, beauty sites and videos about products and celebrities. Please note that we are in no way endorsed by either the third party sites to which we link or the celebrities to whom we may refer and cannot confirm the veracity of and take no responsibility for the accuracy of these articles and links. We provide this information to you only as a convenience.
By using our site you accept these terms
If you do not agree to these terms, you must not use our site.
We recommend that you print a copy of these terms for future reference.
There are other terms that may apply to you
- Our Acceptable Use Policy (mentioned below), which sets out the permitted uses and prohibited uses of our site. When using our site, you must comply with this Acceptable Use Policy.
We may make changes to these terms
We amend these terms from time to time. Every time you wish to use our site, please check these terms to ensure you understand the terms that apply at that time. Your continued access or use of the Site shall be deemed your acceptance of any changes. If you disagree with these terms and conditions or any part of these terms and conditions, you must not use our website.
You must keep your account details safe
You can sign up to our website either through the site itself or via Twitter and Facebook. If you choose, or you are provided with a username and password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential. You must not disclose it to any third party.
If you have a Cosmetips account, you will safeguard your account information and will supervise and be completely responsible for any use of your account by anyone other than you.
If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your username or password, you must promptly notify us at email@example.com
How you may use material on our site
Subject to any work owned by third parties published on this site (such as brand logos, articles, images and videos), we are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our site, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our site for your personal use and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to content posted on our site.
You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of content on our site must always be acknowledged.
You must not use any part of the content on our site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
Do not rely on information on this site
The content on our site is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on our site.
Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our site, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our site is accurate, complete or up to date.
We are not responsible for websites or videos we link to
Where our site contains links to other sites, resources and videos (including YouTube videos) provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. Such links should not be interpreted as approval by us of those linked websites or information you may obtain from them.
This includes the information displayed on the site about cosmetic products owned by third-party suppliers and facilitates purchasing these products with certain suppliers. Such actions do not in any way imply, suggest, or constitute Cosmetips sponsorship or approval of third-party suppliers, or any affiliation between Cosmetips and third-party suppliers. We provide the links to you only as a convenience. Such third-parties may charge a fee for use of certain content or services provided on the website. Therefore, you should make whatever investigation you feel is necessary or appropriate before proceeding with any transaction with any third party to determine whether a charge will be incurred.
We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources.
The Validity of User-generated content is not approved by us
This website may include information and materials uploaded by other users of the site, such as reviews and photos. The validity of this information has not been verified or approved by us.
We do not necessarily endorse, support, sanction, encourage, verify or agree with the comments, opinions or statements posted. We are not responsible for the materials posted by our participants. The views expressed by other users on our site do not represent our views or values.
Cosmetips takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Content posted, stored or uploaded by you or any third party, or for any loss or damage thereto, nor is Cosmetips liable for any mistakes, defamation, slander, libel, omissions, falsehoods, obscenity, pornography or profanity you may encounter.
If you wish to complain about information and materials uploaded by other users please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our responsibility for loss or damage suffered by you
Whether you are a consumer or a business user:
- We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors and for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
- We exclude all implied conditions, warranties, representations or other terms that may apply to our site or any content on it.
- We reserve the right to discontinue or alter any or all of our website services, and to stop publishing our website, at any time in our sole discretion without notice or explanation; and save to the extent expressly provided otherwise in these terms and conditions, you will not be entitled to any compensation or other payment upon the discontinuance or alteration of any website services, or if we stop publishing the website.
- We will not be liable to you for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
- use of, or inability to use, our site; or
- use of or reliance on any content displayed on our site.
- In particular, we will not be liable for:
- loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue;
- business interruption;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or
- any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
Uploading content to our site
Whenever you make use of a feature that allows you to upload content to our site, or to make contact with other users of our site, you must comply with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use Policy.
You warrant that any such contribution does comply with those standards, and you will be liable to us and indemnify us for any breach of that warranty. This means you will be responsible for any loss or damage we suffer as a result of your breach of warranty.
You are responsible for ensuring that any material you post, including but not limited to text, photographs, and sound, does not violate the copyright, trademark, trade secret or any other personal or proprietary rights of any third party. You agree to indemnify us and our subsidiaries, affiliates, employees, representatives, and agents, harmless from any and all claims (including legal fees) that may arise from your participation on the site
Any content you upload to our site will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. You grant us and other users of our site a perpetual irrevocable royalty free licence to use, store and copy that content and to distribute and make it available to third parties. You may edit your content to the extent permitted using the editing functionality made available on our website.
We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any content posted or uploaded by you to our site constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy.
Cosmetips reserves the right, and has absolute discretion, to remove, screen, translate or edit without notice any content posted or stored on this Website at any time and for any reason, or to have such actions performed by third parties on its behalf. You are solely responsible for securing and backing up your content.
We are not responsible for viruses and you must not introduce them
We do not guarantee that our site will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform to access our site. You should use your own virus protection software.
You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately.
Rules about linking to our site
You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it.
You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
You must not establish a link to our site in any website that is not owned by you.
Our site must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of our site other than the home page.
We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
The website in which you are linking must comply in all respects with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use Policy.
If you wish to link to or make any use of content on our site other than that set out above, please contact email@example.com
Which country’s laws apply to any disputes?
We control the website from our offices within London, England. We make no representation that the Content in the website is appropriate or available for use in other locations, and access from territories where their content is illegal is prohibited. Those who choose to access the website from other locations do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with applicable local laws.
Our trade marks are registered
Cosmetips is a UK registered trade mark of Cosmetips Ltd. You are not permitted to use them without our approval.
Acceptable Use Policy
This acceptable use policy sets out the terms between you and us under which you may access our website www.cosmetips.com (our site). This acceptable use policy applies to all users of, and visitors to, our site.
Your use of our site means that you accept, and agree to abide by, all the policies in this acceptable use policy, which supplement our terms of website use.
www.cosmetips.com is a site operated by Cosmetips Ltd (we or us).
You may use our site only for lawful purposes. You may not use our site:
- In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
- For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way.
- To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our content standards.
- To use collected data from our site for any any direct marketing activity (including without limitation email marketing, SMS marketing, telemarketing and direct mailing).
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
- To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You also agree:
- Not to reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of our site in contravention of the provisions of our terms of website use.
- Not to (i) select or use a member name or e-mail address of another person with the intent to impersonate that person; (ii) use a user name or e-mail address subject to the rights of another person without authorization; (iii) use a member name in violation of the intellectual property rights of any person; or (iv) use a member name that we, in our sole discretion, deem offensive
- Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- any part of our site;
- any equipment or network on which our site is stored;
- any software used in the provision of our site; or
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (contributions).
You must comply with the spirit and the letter of the following standards. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
- Be accurate (where they state facts).
- Be genuinely held (where they state opinions).
- Comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
- Contain any material which is defamatory of any person.
- Contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory.
- Promote sexually explicit material.
- Promote violence.
- Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person.
- Be likely to deceive any person.
- Be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
- Promote any illegal activity.
- Be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
- Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
- Be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
- Give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case.
- Advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
- Have commercial activities and/or sales without our prior written consent such as contests, sweepstakes, barter, advertising, and pyramid schemes
- Have private information of any third party, including, without limitation, surname (family name) addresses, phone numbers, email addresses and credit card numbers.
Suspension and termination
We will determine, in our discretion, whether there has been a breach of this acceptable use policy through your use of our site. When a breach of this policy has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our site.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded by you to our site.
- Issue of a warning to you.
- Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
- Further legal action against you.
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
We exclude liability for actions taken in response to breaches of this acceptable use policy. The responses described in this policy are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
Our Beauty Boxes are assembled by Cosmetips , however, the products inside are not quality checked or produced by Cosmetips.
Please approach the manufacturer for any product issues.
Please follow the advised instructions and carefully read the ingredients list which can be found either on the packaging of the products and if not on online the manufacturer’s website.
Changes to the acceptable use policy
We may revise this acceptable use policy at any time by amending this page. You are expected to check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we make, as they are legally binding on you. Some of the provisions contained in this acceptable use policy may also be superseded by provisions or notices published elsewhere on our site.